UHP: Dump Truck Driver Dies In Summit County Crash
SNYDERVILLE, Utah – One person died Thursday after a dump truck crashed in Summit County, authorities said.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the truck crashed on the overpass from U.S. Highway 40 to Interstate 80 near Snyderville. The crash happened just before noon Thursday.
The truck was hauling large landscaping rocks and troopers said the road was wet and slick from earlier snow in the area.
Officials suspected the driver was traveling too fast and along with the weight of the truck and a possible weight shift from the rocks, lost control of the vehicle.
The truck swerved left, hitting the concrete barrier, before swerving right, hitting another barrier and partially overturning.
The driver was the only occupant in the vehicle and he was ejected in the crash. Police said he was not wearing a seat belt and he suffered fatal injuries from the ejection.
No other vehicles were involved.
The flyover is currently closed and lanes will reopen after investigation and cleanup efforts are completed.
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 13809)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 8147)
- Back-To-School Plans Announced For Davis School District Plans (pageviews: 5655)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 5196)
- Teens Surprise Special Needs Neighbor With Scooter For Birthday (pageviews: 4993)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 4959)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3392)
- Nick Cordero, Broadway Actor, Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 3055)
- 564 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 49 New Hospitalizations And 4 New Deaths (pageviews: 2968)