Two People Injured In Shooting Inside Salt Lake City Apartment Building
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Two people were injured after a shooting near downtown Salt Lake City on Wednesday.
According to the Salt Lake City Police Department, the shooting happened shortly after 11 a.m. inside an apartment building located at 308 W. North Temple St.
Sgt. Keith Horrocks, SLCPD public information officer, said when officers responded to a 911 call. When they arrived on scene, they discovered two victims with gunshot wounds.
One of the victims was transported the the hospital in serious condition, he said. The other victim was transported to a different hospital in serious but stable condition.
“Our officers who were on scene performed life saving measures until EMS personnel arrived,” Horrocks said.
He said there is an outstanding suspect, but authorities are still gathering information on the person who fired the shots. It’s not clear at this time if the shooter is also one of the victims or if there’s a third person involved.
“It looks like it’s an isolated incident,” Horrocks said. “We don’t feel like there’s any public safety risks at this time.”
Police said it’s currently unknown if the victims or the shooter are residents at the apartment building. It’s also unclear if the shootings happened on two separate floors of the building, but Horrocks said there are currently two crime scenes on different floors.
This is a developing story and it will be updated as information is made available.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)