Crews Restore Power To Thousands After Heavy Snowfall Thanksgiving Morning
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Multiple power outages in northern Utah affected a combined 6,247 customers Thanksgiving morning, according to Rocky Mountain Power.
By 12:45 p.m., that number was down to 1,361.
There were reported outages in Ogden, Bear River City, Brigham City, Corinne, Tremonton and Elwood.
Tiffany Erickson from Rocky Mountain Power said crews have been working throughout the morning, but there are multiple outages and each one has a different restore time.
“It’s not like it would all come back on at once, unfortunately,” she said.
Most incidents are weather-related, according to Rocky Mountain Power’s outages and safety map.
“The snow accumulation is weighting down trees and power lines,” Erickson said.
She said crews were staffed in anticipation of the storm, and they have made significant progress in restoring power to thousands of customers Thursday.
Rocky Mountain Power’s website addressed customer preparedness ahead of snowstorms like the one Utah is experiencing now.
“With predictions of heavy snow throughout the next few days, Rocky Mountain Power is reminding customers and the public to take precautions to stay safe and comfortable,” according to the statement.
RMP suggests each home have an Emergency Outage Kit that includes a flashlight, battery-operated radio and clock, extra batteries, non-perishable foods, manual can opener, bottled water and blankets.
Customers are asked to first check their fuses and circuit breakers before reporting a power outage. If the failure is not caused inside the home, customers can call 1-877-508-5088 or text 759677.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)