Young Child Rescued After Being Pinned Under Hydraulic Elevator
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – A young child was rescued Thanksgiving evening after being pinned underneath a hydraulic elevator in the basement of a home, according to officials with the Unified Fire Authority.
UFA spokesperson Ryan Love said the child was expected to be OK but was taken to Primary Children’s Hospital by ground ambulance for further evaluations.
Love said crews received a call about the incident Thursday just after 5 p.m.
The child was pinned underneath the elevator for about 10 minutes and people inside the home were able to pull the child free minutes before emergency crews arrived at the scene.
Officials said the child was crying and acting fairly normally in front of firefighters before being transported to the hospital.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)