Driver Arrested For Driving Under The Influence Thanksgiving Night, Hitting UDOT Truck
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A 25-year-old Utah man was arrested and booked into jail on charges of driving under the influence after crashing into a UDOT incident management truck, according to court documents.
Police said Keigan Sumsion was involved in the Thanksgiving night crash on state Route 201 near 4000 West.
Utah Highway Patrol trooper Taylor Griffith said he could smell alcohol while talking with Sumsion, who admitted to having a few drinks Thursday night.
After field sobriety tests were administered, Sumsion was arrested and two open beer cans were located in his vehicle.
He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of driving under the influence, reckless driving and having an open container and drinking alcohol in a vehicle.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)