Man Found Dead After Crews Put Out Fire in Kaysville Home
KAYSVILLE, Utah – A 76-year-old man was found dead Friday evening after fire crews from multiple departments worked to put out a house fire, Kaysville Fire Department officials said.
Fire crews from Kaysville, Layton, and Farmington all responded to the fire near 250 N. between 500 E. and 600 E.
When they arrived at the home, they found fire venting from nearly all of the windows of the single-family home, officials said.
Crews fought the fire aggressively but due to heavy fire conditions, they could not initially make entry into the home. More resources had to be called in from South Weber Fire Department and Davis Metro Fire Department.
Once crews were able to knock out the fire and search the home, they said they discovered the only occupant of the home.
“We send our heartfelt condolences to his loved ones, who have been notified of the incident,” a post from Kaysville Fire Department read.
Crews will remain at the home throughout Saturday morning. A joint investigation between the Kaysville Police Department and the Utah State Fire Marshal’s Office began early Saturday. The cause of the fire is undetermined at this time.
“We send our appreciation to all of our mutual-aid partners who assisted with fighting the fire. We appreciate the other agencies who supported the fire, including Kaysville PD, Kaysville Public Works, Kaysville Power, the Davis County Sheriff’s Office and Dominion Energy,” the post read.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)