Utah Air Quality Deteriorates Tuesday As Inversion Traps Smog In Valleys
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Tuesday morning started out with poor air quality for many areas along the Wasatch Front, especially in Weber, Davis and Salt Lake counties.
According to the exclusive KSL Air Quality Network, multiple locations were reporting air quality index values of above 151, meaning it’s unhealthy for all groups.
“We’ve got some smoggy conditions,” said KSL meteorologist Grant Weyman.
He recommended residents limit the amount of outdoor activities on Tuesday if they can.
The next storm of significance is expected Saturday, Weyman said. This makes it likely that poor air quality will be an issue for many northern Utah residents for the next few days.
“Generally, if we get a storm in here, that can help clear the air,” he said. “So let’s hope that happens for the upcoming weekend.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)