Utah One Of Only 7 States Not Hit With ‘Significant Spread’ Of Flu
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have announced a “significant spread” of the flu across the country.
The CDC has reported that, as of Nov. 23, the flu has spread to all but seven states in the country. Luckily, Utah is not among the worst-hit states, but nearby states Nevada and California have both seen substantial numbers of flu infections.
Of the affected states, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Puerto Rico were all hit the hardest.
So far, at least five children have died from the flu, according to the CDC.
To avoid catching the flu, officials recommend getting a flu shot and take preventative actions such as washing your hands often and avoiding sick people.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)