Plane Crashes In Juab County; No Injuries Reported
MONA, Utah – Officials with the Juab County Sheriff’s Office confirmed a plane crashed north of the Mona Reservoir.
Officials said the incident before 5 p.m. Tuesday and Juab County Sheriff Doug Anderson said no one was injured.
Anderson said the brush plane was practicing ‘touch-and-go’ landing procedures near the reservoir when it hit the ground and flipped 180 degrees, landing upside down.
One pilot and a copilot, both from Nephi, were on board and were not injured in the crash.
Anderson said the Federal Aviation Administration will conduct the investigation and although the cause is unknown, weather does not appear to be a factor.
The flight had originated at the Nephi Municipal Airport, according to Anderson.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)