A Bottle Of Pappy Van Winkle Costs $4K. The Utah DABC Lottery Is Selling Them For $300
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Nationally, a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon can cost up to $4,000 — or even more.
That makes news about the Kentucky liquor in Utah all the more interesting.
The rare drink only puts out so many bottles per year, and limited inventory is allocated to each state. Utah only got five bottles of the 23-year aged version this year. A quick online search of nationwide liquor stores shows this bottle retailing at $3,999.99.
In Utah, though, the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control will be selling them at cost: $299.99.
Those interested in procuring one of these rare bottles has to enter the Rare High Demand Products lottery on the DABC website. If you win one of the bottles, though, you’re disqualified from winning any of the others.
Also included in the lottery are bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 20-year, 15-year, 12-year and 10-year bourbons, ranging in price from $69.99 to $199.99.
Another important fact to remember: Reselling these pricy bottles is prohibited.
The lottery ends Tuesday. As of now, the chances of winning a rare bottle of Pappy Van Winkle are about 0.25%.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)