One Killed, One Extricated In Taylorsville Structure Collapse
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – One person has been killed and another person had to be extricated after the roof of a structure collapsed behind a Taylorsville home.
Crews with the United Fire Authority or Greater Salt Lake responded to the collapse near 190o West 4700 South, across from the Taylorsville Town Center ,Wednesday just after 2 p.m.
Investigators described the structure as some kind of 15-by-15 foot shed or external structure attached to the home.
Officials said two men were inside the structure when the roof caved in. A neighbor heard someone yelling for help and called 911 emergency dispatchers.
Crews responded to the scene within three minutes. Rescue equipment was brought in to help lift the structure off the men.
The roof of an outbuilding/shed, behind this home, in Taylorsville collapsed with two men inside.
One man is dead.
The other was transported to the hospital in serious condition. More on @KSL5TV at 5PM pic.twitter.com/NgkGgZsTfC
— Brittany Tait (@Brittany_KSL) December 4, 2019
One of the two died from injuries sustained in the collapse. Officials identified the man as 64-year-old David Sligar from Layton.
The other person had to be pulled from the rubble and was then transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Westbound traffic was closed on 4700 South at Redwood Road while firefighters and emergency medical crews worked at the scene.
Investigators were working to determine exactly what happened, and why the structure collapsed.
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) December 4, 2019
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 28867)
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 25960)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 21380)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 21211)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 8861)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 5093)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 4689)
- Results (pageviews: 4567)