Wednesday’s Child: Autumn
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – This week’s Wednesday’s Child is Autumn. She an artistic girl who is getting the opportunity paint at “Color Me Mine’ in Salt Lake City.
If you could paint any piece in the shop, it may be hard to choose with the endless options.
For 17-year-old, Autumn, there is no question.
“I want to do the vintage truck that’s over there,” Autumn said as she pointed to small truck sitting on a shelf across the store.
Like most teens, getting a car is an exciting prospect.
“An old truck is my dream car,” Autumn said with a smile. “I want mine to be rusty.”
For now, the small truck she got to paint will have to be enough.
Getting to do something like this for herself hasn’t happened much in her life.
“I was just kind of put in the position of being a parent at a young age,” she said. “I was the oldest of six and so that makes me the babysitter.”
A few years ago, Autumn entered foster care.
“Sometimes, it’s just kind of hard because I just keep moving around and starting over,” she said.
For Autumn, starting over means trying to make new friends once again.
“I’m at a new school again for the 4th or 5th time this year,” she said,
Although it’s been a rough few years, she is choosing to think positively.
“It’s ok, change is good,” she said with a shrug of her shoulders.
However, she is hoping some things can remain a constant in her life soon.
“I just wish I could do stuff with a family,” she said thinking about all the activities going on around the holidays.
It’s true, most girls her age would wish for that dream car this Christmas, Autumn is just wishing for a permanent and loving home this holiday season.
To learn more about Autumn or the many other children living in the foster care system hoping to be adopted, contact The Utah Adoption exchange at 801-265-0444 or at www.adoptex.org
- 'I Feel Threatened' Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy (pageviews: 75049)
- Two Truck Drivers Being Thanked For Helping UHP Trooper On I-15 (pageviews: 47083)
- Teens Convicted In Death Of West Valley Officer Released Early (pageviews: 12141)
- Health Care Leaders Call For Mandatory Masks As 867 New COVID-19 Cases Reported (pageviews: 8700)
- Bountiful Residents Upset After Youth Skate Park Bulldozed (pageviews: 6270)
- Church Utah Area Presidency Urges Latter-day Saints To Wear Face Masks (pageviews: 5776)
- Gov. Herbert: 'Stronger Measures' To Be Considered If COVID-19 Cases Don't Drop (pageviews: 5661)
- 1 Child Dies, 3 Other Juveniles Transported After Being Ejected During Crash On I-15 (pageviews: 4373)
- Governor Declares State Of Emergency, Closes Capitol After Protests (pageviews: 4219)