Wednesday’s Child: Autumn
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – This week’s Wednesday’s Child is Autumn. She an artistic girl who is getting the opportunity paint at “Color Me Mine’ in Salt Lake City.
If you could paint any piece in the shop, it may be hard to choose with the endless options.
For 17-year-old, Autumn, there is no question.
“I want to do the vintage truck that’s over there,” Autumn said as she pointed to small truck sitting on a shelf across the store.
Like most teens, getting a car is an exciting prospect.
“An old truck is my dream car,” Autumn said with a smile. “I want mine to be rusty.”
For now, the small truck she got to paint will have to be enough.
Getting to do something like this for herself hasn’t happened much in her life.
“I was just kind of put in the position of being a parent at a young age,” she said. “I was the oldest of six and so that makes me the babysitter.”
A few years ago, Autumn entered foster care.
“Sometimes, it’s just kind of hard because I just keep moving around and starting over,” she said.
For Autumn, starting over means trying to make new friends once again.
“I’m at a new school again for the 4th or 5th time this year,” she said,
Although it’s been a rough few years, she is choosing to think positively.
“It’s ok, change is good,” she said with a shrug of her shoulders.
However, she is hoping some things can remain a constant in her life soon.
“I just wish I could do stuff with a family,” she said thinking about all the activities going on around the holidays.
It’s true, most girls her age would wish for that dream car this Christmas, Autumn is just wishing for a permanent and loving home this holiday season.
To learn more about Autumn or the many other children living in the foster care system hoping to be adopted, contact The Utah Adoption exchange at 801-265-0444 or at www.adoptex.org
- Returning Missionary Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Infects Family (pageviews: 64357)
- New Projection Shows Fewer Potential COVID-19 Deaths In Utah (pageviews: 15314)
- US Coronavirus Fight Enters Crucial Weeks After Reaching Grim Milestone (pageviews: 12307)
- COVID-19 Model Shows Improvement In Projected Utah Deaths (pageviews: 9396)
- Earthquake Tracker - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9396)
- Five New Virus-Related Deaths Reported In Utah; 1,675 Confirmed Cases (pageviews: 4242)
- Renderings Released For Temples In Tooele, Washington County, Washington State (pageviews: 4209)
- Utah House Democrats Urge Governor To Issue Stay-At-Home Order (pageviews: 4151)
- The Pink Moon Will Be The Biggest And Brightest Of 2020 (pageviews: 3521)