Commuters Face Slick Roads And Fog Thursday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Residents along the Wasatch Front are waking up to slick road conditions coupled with low visibility due to fog.
KSL meteorologist Grant Weyman said some areas are even experiencing freezing rain.
“It’s a combo of you name it,” he said.
He noted the northern Wasatch Front could be experiencing those freezing rain conditions this morning. He urged drivers to be cautious on bridges and overpasses, which have a tendency to be more slick.
KSL Newsradio’s Heather Kelly reported winter driving conditions through Sardine Canyon. Chains or four-wheel drive restrictions are in place for the drive between Logan and Brigham City.
Kelly also reported rain and fog along I-15 through Davis and Weber counties, and there’s snow-packed in Box Elder county.
KSL TV’s Garna Mejia was reporting from Mobile 5 in the area of Willard Bay where she said the roads are slick and slushy.
“We’ve run into two accidents just this morning in the last hour,” she said.
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 28867)
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 25960)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 21380)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 21211)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 8861)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 5093)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 4689)
- Results (pageviews: 4567)