Commuters Face Slick Roads And Fog Thursday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Residents along the Wasatch Front are waking up to slick road conditions coupled with low visibility due to fog.
KSL meteorologist Grant Weyman said some areas are even experiencing freezing rain.
“It’s a combo of you name it,” he said.
He noted the northern Wasatch Front could be experiencing those freezing rain conditions this morning. He urged drivers to be cautious on bridges and overpasses, which have a tendency to be more slick.
KSL Newsradio’s Heather Kelly reported winter driving conditions through Sardine Canyon. Chains or four-wheel drive restrictions are in place for the drive between Logan and Brigham City.
Kelly also reported rain and fog along I-15 through Davis and Weber counties, and there’s snow-packed in Box Elder county.
KSL TV’s Garna Mejia was reporting from Mobile 5 in the area of Willard Bay where she said the roads are slick and slushy.
“We’ve run into two accidents just this morning in the last hour,” she said.
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 7059)
- Man Beaten, Killed By Multiple People In Magna (pageviews: 5468)
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 2758)
- Two Men Injured In Jet Ski Collision At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2553)
- Man Killed In Overnight SLC Shooting (pageviews: 2501)
- Police Searching For West Jordan Road Rage Participant (pageviews: 1783)
- Sisters Run Lemonade Stand In West Jordan In Honor Of Their Older Sister (pageviews: 1624)
- Committee Votes In Favor Of New Name For Dixie State University (pageviews: 1521)
- One Dead After Car Vs. Dump Truck Crash In Logan (pageviews: 1359)