Children Of Fallen Officers Flip Switch At Provo Christmas Lights Ceremony
PROVO, Utah – The children of two fallen Utah police officers got to light up the Provo night at the city’s annual “Light’s On!” ceremony.
Officials said traditionally, Provo’s mayor would light the city. However, Mayor Michelle Kaufusi let Logan Shinners and Jackson Romrell highlight the event and flip the switch alongside Santa Claus Saturday night.
Shinners’ father, officer Joe Shinners with the Provo Police Department, was killed while attempting to arrest a wanted fugitive on Jan. 5, 2019, and Romrell’s father, officer David Romrell with the South Salt Lake City Police Department, was hit and killed by a car fleeing a burglary scene on Nov. 24, 2018.
Officials with the Provo Police Department said Saturday “was unique and truly memorable” and “will not be forgotten by (these) two little boys.”
- Man Dies After Being Ejected From Truck During Rollover Crash In Bluffdale (pageviews: 5048)
- Convicted Kearns Sex Offender Charged With Human Trafficking (pageviews: 5047)
- CDC: Schools Should Have Plan For Angry Parents, Face Mask Bullying (pageviews: 4785)
- Gephardt: 'Brushing' Scams Sweeping Utah (pageviews: 4552)
- AMC Is Reopening Its Theaters Next Week - And Tickets Are 15 Cents (pageviews: 4266)
- Alpine School District Teachers Rally For Safety Days Before Start Of School Year (pageviews: 4175)
- Authorities Identify Woman Found Deceased In Submerged Car Near Logan (pageviews: 3456)
- Gephardt: How A Side Hustle Became A Full-time Gig For Utah Adventurers (pageviews: 3228)
- Herriman To Host Nation's First High School Football Game (pageviews: 2539)