Flash Flood Warning Issued For Zion NP Area
SPRINGDALE, Utah – A flash flood warning has been issued for the Zion National Park area by the National Weather Service.
The warning lasts until 5 p.m. Sunday and includes the towns of Springdale, Rockville and Virgin, Utah.
Officials said slot canyons and normally dry washes in the area could be impacted by flash flooding; The Narrows and all slot canyons are closed in the park until two hours after the warning lifts.
During the warning, officials said to avoid walking or driving through floodwaters and move to higher ground if in the area.
The NWS has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Zion until 5pm. The Narrows and all slot canyons are closed until 2 hours after the warning lifts.
— Zion National Park (@ZionNPS) December 8, 2019
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)