Gov. Herbert Calls Special Session For Tax Reform Legislation
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Gov. Gary Herbert has called lawmakers to a special session of the Utah State Legislature to consider a $160 million reform to the state’s tax system.
The session will take place on Thursday, Dec. 12, at 5 p.m.
Tax Restructuring and Equalization Task Force members voted 6-3 in favor of the tax reform proposal Monday night.
Lawmakers said the plan would give Utahns a net tax cut of $160 million by reducing the state income tax rate for individuals and corporations from 4.95% to 4.66%.
This is a developing story. It will be updated if new information becomes available.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)