Nevada Man Killed In Crash Outside Of St. George
IVINS, Utah – A 69-year-old man was killed in a crash on Old Highway 91 in southern Utah, according to Washington County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Graham Hancock.
Hancock said the man, who was from Mesquite, Nevada, lost control of his truck and drove off the side of the highway around 10 miles west of St. George Tuesday evening.
The truck rolled and landed on its wheels, but the driver was pinned inside the vehicle.
Both Directions Old Highway 91 at MP 14 / South of the Gunlock turnoff, Washington Co,
Expect delays in the area,
Est. Clearance Time: 8:24 PM
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) December 11, 2019
Hancock said the man was wearing his seatbelt and witnesses initially tried to extricate the driver from the truck.
During the attempted extrication, the driver succumbed to his injuries, according to Hancock.
The crash is under investigation and the driver’s name was not released.
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 28867)
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 25960)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 21380)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 21211)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 8861)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 5093)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 4689)
- Results (pageviews: 4567)