Man Involved In Morning Crash With Semi: ‘I Feel Like I Just Went 4 Rounds With Mike Tyson’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – As a three-day storm continued Friday morning, a crash involving a semi-truck with a car carrier trailer closed lanes and caused traffic delays.
The crash happened at approximately 4:15 a.m. on I-15 at 600 South in Salt Lake City.
A man driving a passenger vehicle also involved in the crash said the semi-truck “turned sideways,” striking his vehicle and pushing it into the jersey barrier.
Frank Muller said he was driving to work when the crash happened.
“The vehicle actually turned sideways when it hit me in an area like this,” he said, using his hands to demonstrate how the truck reportedly collided with the side of his car. “(It) forced me against the wall with my car taking the impact.”
Muller said he’s “sore” and “beat up a little bit.”
“I feel like I just went four rounds with Mike Tyson, to be honest with you,” he said.
He added that he’s going to the hospital to make sure everything’s OK.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the semi-truck was traveling southbound on the right side of the freeway. It began to change lanes to the left when it lost control on the wet road, causing it to strike Mueller’s vehicle.
The crash also caused a sign in the median to fall into northbound lanes, where it caused another crash involving three additional vehicles.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)