Canyon View Elementary School Evacuated After Gas Leak
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Officials canceled school at Canyon View Elementary School following a natural gas leak Friday.
Authorities said all children are safe.
According to the Canyons School District, students were evacuated and transported to nearby Butler Middle School, 7350 S. 2700 East, until parents can pick them up.
“The school has been evacuated,” said Jeff Hanay, Canyons School District public information officer. “… The student body will be transported to Butler Middle School where children will wait in the auditorium in a safe and heated environment until parents can come pick them up.”
He said a message to parents has been sent through the emergency notification system.
“We also want to make sure that parents know they have to have ID,” Hanay said. “We’re not just going to let any child go with any adult. The children will be released to parents, guardians and approved adults.”
Ryan Love, public information officer for Unified Fire Authority, said the natural gas leak occurred at the back of the property. Dominion Energy is at the site working to fix the line.
This article will be updated if new information is made available.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 11601)
- What Does It Mean To Move From Yellow Risk To Orange Risk? (pageviews: 4034)
- Utah Mother Fighting Cancer, New COVID-19 Diagnosis (pageviews: 2905)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2515)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 2261)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 2152)
- Herbert Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases - Highest Number So Far (pageviews: 2150)
- Utah Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases, No New Deaths (pageviews: 2097)
- Man Killed, Woman Hospitalized In Downtown Crash (pageviews: 1993)