Three Bodies Discovered Buried At The Alamo In Texas
(CNN) — Three bodies buried in a monk burial room and nave of the Alamo Church have been discovered, according to the Texas General Land Office and the Alamo Mission Archaeological Advisory Committee.
The bodies appear to belong to a teenager or young adult, an infant and a large adult, according to a committee press release.
The bodies were discovered during an archeological project inside and around the Alamo Church and Long Barrack in San Antonio to install moisture monitoring equipment while documenting the foundations of the 300-year-old structures, according to the release.
The bodies have not been moved. After they were discovered, a long-standing human remains protocol was activated, the on-site tribal monitor was notified and excavation was halted at the site, the release said
Remains were also discovered at that site in 1989 and identified in 1995, according to the release.
The Alamo, founded as a mission in 1718, is famous for being the site of an 1836 battle during the Texas Revolution.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)