Draper Rancherito’s Closed After Video Shows Now-Terminated Employee Urinating In Food Prep Area
DRAPER, Utah – Salt Lake County Health Department officials have required a Draper Rancherito’s to close and sanitize all food preparation areas after a video surfaced allegedly showing an employee urinating in a kitchen area.
The immediate compliance order was issued Sunday afternoon and a “specific employee’s food handler permit” was revoked after he “exhibited a willful disregard for food safety and acted inappropriately in a food preparation area,” officials said.
Health department Communications Manager Nicholas Rupp confirmed the order was given after an online complaint specifically related to the video was submitted to county officials.
The store at 12250 South State Street can reopen only after undergoing a complete reinspection, including verification of employee training and meeting with the department’s Food Protection Bureau. That inspection could take place as early as Monday.
The employee in question was fired, according to Rancherito’s management.
“This was just one person,” said manager Perla Lee. “It does not represent who we are or what we do. So we definitely want to make sure they know and that our customers are a priority.”
Lee said the store was closed and everything at the location was sanitized.
The video was posted to Facebook by Robert Talivakaola, who said it had been viewed over 70,000 times before Facebook removed it.
Talivakaloa said he posted it to social media because he wanted to make people aware.
“I love Rancherito’s,” he said. “I’ve eaten there many times. It’s just kind of disturbing when you see this. You kind of don’t want to go back. You kind of just want to stay away. I honestly don’t think I’m going to go eat at that location anymore.”
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)