Police Identify Clearfield Woman Killed In Auto-Pedestrian Crash
CLEARFIELD, Utah – One person died Thursday after an auto-pedestrian crash near a freeway offramp, authorities said.
Clearfield Police Assistant Chief Devin Rogers said the crash happened at 6:41 in the area of 700 South and I-15.
“When officers and medical personnel arrived on scene they found a 20-year-old female pedestrian in critical condition,” according to a statement from the Clearfield Police Department.
Police said the woman, identified as Calista Taylor, 20, of Clearfield, had been hit by a pick-up truck.
She was transported to a nearby hospital where she later died of her injuries, Rogers said.
The driver of the truck stayed on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
“There are pedestrian crossings at this intersection and officers are working to identify if the collision occurred within a crossing,” according to the CPD statement.
No charges have been filed. Authorities are asking anyone who may have witnessed the crash to contact Clearfield police at 801-525-2806.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)