Off-Duty Sergeant Witnesses Crash That Left Car Rolled In Provo Yard, Officials Say
PROVO, Utah – Police arrested a man after he allegedly fled from the scene of a crash that left a vehicle on its side in the yard of an apartment complex.
According to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, an off-duty sergeant was driving in the area of 800 West and 800 North on Dec. 19 when he witnessed a white Hyundai Elantra that was unable to stay in its lane while traveling.
The vehicle swerved into oncoming traffic before losing control in the area of 550 West and 800 North, according to a UCSO media release. The Hyundai hit a tree and rolled into the front yard of an apartment complex.
As the sergeant’s passenger was calling 911, the sergeant went to check on the driver. A witness informed the sergeant that the driver had fled the scene, according to UCSO. When the sergeant located the driver, he reportedly smelled alcohol. The sergeant then detained the man, who was later arrested by a Provo police officer.
The driver sustained minor injures. He was examined at Utah Valley Hospital before being booked into the Utah County Jail.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)