Off-Duty Sergeant Witnesses Crash That Left Car Rolled In Provo Yard, Officials Say
PROVO, Utah – Police arrested a man after he allegedly fled from the scene of a crash that left a vehicle on its side in the yard of an apartment complex.
According to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, an off-duty sergeant was driving in the area of 800 West and 800 North on Dec. 19 when he witnessed a white Hyundai Elantra that was unable to stay in its lane while traveling.
The vehicle swerved into oncoming traffic before losing control in the area of 550 West and 800 North, according to a UCSO media release. The Hyundai hit a tree and rolled into the front yard of an apartment complex.
As the sergeant’s passenger was calling 911, the sergeant went to check on the driver. A witness informed the sergeant that the driver had fled the scene, according to UCSO. When the sergeant located the driver, he reportedly smelled alcohol. The sergeant then detained the man, who was later arrested by a Provo police officer.
The driver sustained minor injures. He was examined at Utah Valley Hospital before being booked into the Utah County Jail.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)