West Wendover Medical & Recreational Marijuana Dispensary Set To Open
WEST WENDOVER, Nev. – The first medical and recreational marijuana dispensary in West Wendover, Nevada, will open on Monday, Dec. 30, according to store officials.
“We’d like to thank Mayor Corona, the City of West Wendover staff and the City Council for opening up medical and adult use access to residents and patients of northern Nevada,” said Deep Roots Chief Operating Officer Jon Marshall. “Deep Roots is looking forward to a strong partnership with the community there and we’re grateful for their support.”
Marshall said the store will be the first of its kind in Elko County. It was originally scheduled to open in November but was delayed until it received approval from the Nevada Department of Taxation.
After West Wendover City Council members voted to approve a single recreational marijuana sales license within city limits in Nov. 2018, officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said their day-to-day operations would likely stay the same.
“It’s probably going to be in the back of the troopers’ minds that there is a dispensary out there,” said UHP Sergeant Nick Street. “Marijuana is still illegal in the state of Utah and as law enforcement officers, we’ll uphold that law.”
Street said enforcement efforts could change in the area if troopers notice an increase in accidents or impaired drivers there.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)