Cadets, Staff Involved In Nazi Salute Picture Fired
WEST VIRGINIA – All the West Virginia cadets who appeared in a group photo performing a Nazi salute have been terminated, officials said.
Gov. Jim Justice accepted the recommendation to fire the entire class Monday. The recommendation was part of a report from the cabinet secretary for the State Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety.
A staff member will lose their job and four other instructors will be suspended without pay.
The man who wrote the report apologized and says training will be changed to make sure this sort of thing doesn’t happen in the future.
“We are shameful that this occurred under our watch,” said Secretary Jeff Sandy. “We assure you that under our watch this will not happen again.”
Several cadets said they were directly instructed to make the gesture by an instructor and they feared they would be disciplined for disobeying an order if they didn’t comply.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)