Portion Of Bangerter Highway Closes Overnight After Pickup Truck Dislodges Cement Barriers
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – A portion of Bangerter Highway was closed overnight after a crash pushed several cement jersey barriers onto the road.
Police said the crash happened just before midnight in the area of 11200 South when a woman driving a truck didn’t notice the lane shifts in a construction zone.
The driver reportedly overcorrected and crashed into the cement barriers, knocking several of them into the opposite side of traffic. A vehicle traveling the other way didn’t see the jersey barriers and crashed into one at a speed of approximately 60 miles per hour, officials said.
Three people in that vehicle were taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries. The woman in the truck and her passenger were not seriously injured.
Police said they don’t believe impairment played a role in the crash. The truck driver received a citation.
The area was closed for several hours while crews worked to move the barriers back into place. Authorities said one of the cement barriers weighs approximately 7,000 pounds.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)