WB I-70 Closed Due To Semi-Truck Fire
WHIPUP, Utah – Westbound Interstate 70 is closed in Sevier County at milepost 86 due to a semi-truck fire, according to Corporal Colton Freckleton with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Freckleton said the semi-truck was fully engulfed in flames but no injuries had been reported.
The truck was hauling vehicles that were also fully engulfed.
The incident was blocking all westbound lanes about 40 miles east of Richfield and Utah Department of Transportation officials said to use an alternate route. Crews did not expect the lanes to reopen until after midnight on Sunday.
Roads in the area were dry Saturday night, according to UDOT officials.
WB I-70 Closed
at MP 86 (3 mi W of Fremont Jct) Sevier Co.
Use Alt Route
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 5, 2020
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)