WB I-70 Closed Due To Semi-Truck Fire
WHIPUP, Utah – Westbound Interstate 70 is closed in Sevier County at milepost 86 due to a semi-truck fire, according to Corporal Colton Freckleton with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Freckleton said the semi-truck was fully engulfed in flames but no injuries had been reported.
The truck was hauling vehicles that were also fully engulfed.
The incident was blocking all westbound lanes about 40 miles east of Richfield and Utah Department of Transportation officials said to use an alternate route. Crews did not expect the lanes to reopen until after midnight on Sunday.
Roads in the area were dry Saturday night, according to UDOT officials.
WB I-70 Closed
at MP 86 (3 mi W of Fremont Jct) Sevier Co.
Use Alt Route
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 5, 2020
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)