Three People Hurt In Crash On North Temple In Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Three people have been taken to the hospital in critical condition after a two-vehicle crash where an electric car battery exploded on impact.
The crash happened at 900 West and North Temple Sunday Morning.
Lt. Brett Olsen with the Salt Lake City Police department said a Tesla driving westbound slammed into another sedan.
Officials said the driver of the Tesla was traveling at a high rate of speed and ran a red light.
Olsen said a hazardous materials crew was called to the scene to contain the Tesla’s electric car battery. He said it was a combustible battery, which witnesses said exploded on the scene.
Flames were visible at the scene, and wreckage from both vehicles was scattered across the roadway.
Two males inside the Tesla and a female inside the other vehicle were all transported to hospitals with critical injuries.
The crash was still under investigation, but officials said they did not suspect impaired driving.
The victims’ exact conditions were not available.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)