One Man Dead After Ogden House Fire
OGDEN, Utah – One person is dead after a two-story residential home fire near 600 North Van Buren Avenue, according to officials with the Ogden City Fire Department.
Officials said neighbors first reported the fire around 3:45 a.m. on Monday and confirmed one adult male had died just before 6 a.m.
“I walked over to his window and I realized the whole house was on fire,” said neighbor Kaleb Duncan. “I saw the flames and decided to wake the whole family up in case we needed to leave.”
Crews said the home was fully involved in the fire and investigators are looking into what may have caused the fire.
Nearly 20 firefighters responded to the home and were able to prevent the flames from spreading to nearby structures.
Fire crews putting out hotspots this morning at a house fire, cause yet to be determined. $200k worth of damage but more importantly a life has been lost. Details on @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/mv3NP86Ff1
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) January 6, 2020
Ogden City firefighters said the man lived alone in the home with a few cats.
“I did find a couple of animals inside the house,” said Deputy Fire Chief Mike Slater. “Two cats that were safe are now with animal control and (I) did find a couple of cats that had passed away in the fire.”
Crews estimated damages to the house to be around $200,000.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)