DUI Suspected In North Temple Crash That Hospitalized Three, Police Say
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said they suspect the driver of a Tesla that was involved in a two-car crash was driving under the influence.
Sgt. Keith Horrocks confirmed police are continuing to investigate the crash, which happened Sunday morning at 900 West North Temple.
Police said the Tesla was traveling at a high rate of speed and ran a red light before hitting another sedan.
Witness told police the Tesla’s battery exploded and a hazmat crew was called to the scene. Flames were visible at the site of the crash and wreckage from both vehicles was scattered across North Temple and 900 West.
Two men were occupying the Tesla while a woman was driving the other vehicle. All three were hospitalized with critical injuries and Horrocks said they were in serious but stable condition on Monday.
Police said the Tesla’s driver, 35-year-old Joseph Lucero, could face charges of driving under the influence.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)