Provo Police Share Video Showing Crosswalk Violations
PROVO, Utah – Officials with the Provo Police Department shared a video showing multiple cars committing violations at a Center Street crosswalk as a man on crutches crosses the road.
As the pedestrian enters eastbound lanes, he stops, waves his arms and yells at the driver of a silver sedan who appeared to speed up and continue to drive towards the crosswalk.
The video also showed a black sedan passing through the crosswalk in the right lane as the pedestrian was crossing the left lane of traffic.
Police reminded drivers the speed limit is 15 mph on this stretch of Center Street and said the video helped show why the limit drops to that lower speed in the area.
Utah law says if a pedestrian is approaching or crossing within a crosswalk, drivers on that side of the road must yield.
We have had numerous members of our community ask us WHY the speed limit is 15 MPH on Center Street. It is much easier to show you why then it is to explain. This intersection in this clip is 400 West Center Street. How many violations do you see? Thoughts?
Posted by Provo Police Department on Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)