Over $6 Million Donated Through ‘Light The World’ Giving Machines
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Over $6 million and 250,000 items were donated to charitable organizations over the Christmas season through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Giving Machines.
A release issued by the Church Friday said nearly $6.3 million was raised during the 2019 effort.
The machines, which were part of the Church’s Light the World: One by One campaign, were placed at eight locations across the U.S. and two were placed worldwide, in London and Manila.
Officials said this was the third year the red Giving Machines were used and donated items included chickens, meals, vaccines, shoes and glasses.
Donations will go to global charities such as UNICEF, Church World Service, WaterAid, Water For People and International Medical Corps.
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)