Over $6 Million Donated Through ‘Light The World’ Giving Machines
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Over $6 million and 250,000 items were donated to charitable organizations over the Christmas season through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Giving Machines.
A release issued by the Church Friday said nearly $6.3 million was raised during the 2019 effort.
The machines, which were part of the Church’s Light the World: One by One campaign, were placed at eight locations across the U.S. and two were placed worldwide, in London and Manila.
Officials said this was the third year the red Giving Machines were used and donated items included chickens, meals, vaccines, shoes and glasses.
Donations will go to global charities such as UNICEF, Church World Service, WaterAid, Water For People and International Medical Corps.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)