Aggressive Driving May Have Contributed To Stansbury Park Crash
STANSBURY PARK, Utah – A crash involving at least three vehicles has forced the closure of State Route 36 just south of Interstate 80 in Tooele County.
An SUV and two passenger vehicles sustained damage in the crash Wednesday around 1 p.m. One of the passenger vehicles was upside down in the roadway.
Debris from all three vehicles was spread across all five lanes of traffic.
Officers from the Tooele County Sheriff’s Office and Utah Highway Patrol responded the scene. Troopers said they believed reckless, aggressive driving contributed to the crash.
Some photos from the scene in #TooeleCounty
The detour has cars going through Lake Point and are massive #KSLTV
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) January 15, 2020
There were injuries, though the exact condition and number of patients was not known.
SR 36 was closed in both directions as crews worked to clear the scene.
Traffic was diverted onto Canyon Road and Center Street to get around the closure. Officers were on hand at the intersection of SR 36 and Center Street to control traffic.
The roadway was reopened around 2:15 p.m., though there was still a significant backlog of cars on Center Street trying to get back on the main roadway.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)