Thomas Wright Adds US Rep. Rob Bishop To Governor Ticket
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) – Former Utah Republican party chair Thomas Wright is adding a political heavyweight to his run for governor by tapping outgoing Congressman Rob Bishop as his lieutenant-governor candidate.
Bishop had already said he would not run for a ninth term in the U.S. House. He had considered running for governor himself before teaming up with Wright instead.
Thursday’s announcement comes as Wright looks to set himself apart in a crowded GOP field that also includes former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman Jr. and current Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)