Business Owner Killed in Plane Crash Remembered As A Kind Innovator
OGDEN, Utah – A man who was killed when the small plane he was flying crashed into a Roy neighborhood is being remembered by friends and family for his innovative contributions to the world of water skiing.
The 64-year-old was known for bringing a big impact to the Ogden community, when he brought his high-tech ski manufacturing business to the city in 2011.
Ogden Mayor Mike Caldwell said he grew to become friends over the years with Dave Goode, owner of Goode Ski Technologies.
“He was a great cheerleader and a champion for our community,” Caldwell said. “He was a brilliant skier, brilliant water skier, great business person, really generous and involved, and had an engineer’s mind and a super-athlete’s body. He was amazing.”
Goode became a member of the US Ski Team in 1975 when he was just 19 years-old. Years later, it was his innovations in waterskiing that helped him garner even more attention in the outdoor sports community.
Goode’s wife, Dawn, told KSL off camera that her husband was always looking for ways to do things better, and his carbon-core design ultimately revolutionized the sport.
Officials with the Roy City Police Department said Good left Bountiful, flying in a two-engine Cessna Wednesday, when the plane took a sharp turn and crashed.
Goode was the pilot and only person on board. No one else was injured.
“We got that text yesterday when we were in our budget retreat,” Caldwell said. “It took all the oxygen out of the room, because everybody that was in there knew Dave and Dawn Goode very well (and) considered them close friends, so yeah, it was a really sad day for everybody. We all still have heavy hearts.”
Goode is survived by his wife, four children, and two grandchildren, with one more grandchild on the way.
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 12173)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 9214)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 8050)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 7602)
- Utah Teen Shot, Left For Dead Three Years Ago Raising Money For Prosthetic Arm (pageviews: 7557)
- California Prisoner Confesses To Killing 2 Child Molesters, Says He 'Did Everybody A Favor' (pageviews: 6786)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 5760)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 4830)
- Payson Hit-&-Run Driver Turns Himself In After Striking 9-Year-Old (pageviews: 4026)
- Celebrities Rally To Send Quaden Bayles To Disneyland After Bullying Video Goes Viral (pageviews: 3869)