Avalanche Danger Considerable Or High Across Wasatch Front
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Avalanche Center are warning backcountry visitors of dangerous avalanche conditions across the Wasatch Front.
UAC forecasters said the danger will be highest at upper elevations and outlying areas, especially in the Bear River Range and Western Uinta Mountains this holiday weekend.
Considerable danger was forecasted for the Ogden, Salt Lake, Provo and Uintas areas.
Central and southeastern Utah saw moderate danger conditions in their forecasts.
Officials reminded backcountry visitors to always check the avalanche forecast and take additional safety steps, including:
- Evaluate snow and terrain carefully. Use caution while route finding, and make
- Check everyone in your group for operational avalanche rescue gear and be sure
everyone knows how to use it.
- Cross steep slopes one person at a time, while the rest of your party watches from a
Forecasters said backcountry visitors should find great powder snow and nice weather, but added they should keep their guard up with dangerous conditions.
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 18550)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 7910)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 6582)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6158)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 3718)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 3224)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 3083)
- Police Confirm No Escapees After Reported Nevada Prison Camp Riot (pageviews: 2948)
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 2669)