Two Separate Crashes Caused After Woman Runs Across SB I-15
DRAPER, Utah – Five vehicles were involved in two crashes on the interstate after a woman ran into traffic. She was taken into custody.
The incident happened around 11:15 p.m. Saturday on Interstate 15 near 14600 South in Draper.
As the unidentified woman ran around the roadway, several drivers swerved to miss her, causing a three-vehicle crash and another involving two vehicles.
Officials were able to take the woman into custody as she made her way into northbound lanes.
Trooper Tara Wahlberg with the Utah Highway Patrol said the woman has been running onto the freeway frequently and they’ve taken her to get mental health checks.
Investigators were also looking into another bizarre situation during the crashes.
They said one of the male drivers abandoned his vehicle and ran to another can that had stopped. He reportedly got into the driver’s seat, realized there was a woman in the passenger seat, then jumped out and fled on foot.
Troopers were working to determine the man’s identity.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)