New Primary Children’s Hospital Campus Will Be Built In Lehi
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Intermountain Healthcare on Tuesday announced plans for a second Primary Children’s Hospital campus to be built in Lehi.
At a press conference from the Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City, officials unveiled a plan to create a new system of pediatric care that will serve as a national model for children’s health, according to Intermountain Healthcare.
@Intermountain’s Katie Welkie announces 2nd @primarychildren campus to be built in @LehiCity to help meet the growing needs for children’s health in Utah County. New hospital will provide pediatric trauma and emergency care, intensive care, and behavioral health. #CareClosetoHome pic.twitter.com/ZMhofGaL9J
— Jess Gomez (@Jess_Intermtn) January 21, 2020
“The new model will include Intermountain Healthcare’s extensive network of clinics and hospitals, Intermountain Primary Children’s Hospital and its partnership with University of Utah Health, and community groups and organizations that help children,” according to a statement from Intermountain. “It also will feature advancements in pediatric health research, innovation, community health outreach, and state-of-the-art technology.”
Fifty million dollars of the $500 million investment is being gifted from Gail Miller and the Miller Family. The rest will be provided by Intermountain and through philanthropic support.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)