Utah Becomes 19th State To Ban Conversion Therapy for Minors
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Beehive State will be the 19th in the United States to ban conversion therapy for minors.
Conversion therapy has been linked to higher suicide rates. Survivors will join advocacy groups at the Utah State Capitol Wednesday morning for a media conference about the new rule.
Gov. Gary Herbert directed the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing to create guidelines after a bill on the issue failed to pass in 2019.
The public comment period has ended, and the new rules go into effect Wednesday.
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 18550)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 7910)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 6582)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6158)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 3718)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 3224)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 3083)
- Police Confirm No Escapees After Reported Nevada Prison Camp Riot (pageviews: 2948)
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 2669)