Utah Becomes 19th State To Ban Conversion Therapy for Minors
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Beehive State will be the 19th in the United States to ban conversion therapy for minors.
Conversion therapy has been linked to higher suicide rates. Survivors will join advocacy groups at the Utah State Capitol Wednesday morning for a media conference about the new rule.
Gov. Gary Herbert directed the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing to create guidelines after a bill on the issue failed to pass in 2019.
The public comment period has ended, and the new rules go into effect Wednesday.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)