Groundbreaking Dates Announced For Layton, Two Other Temples
LAYTON, Utah – The dates have been released for the groundbreaking of new temples to be built in Layton, Virginia and the Philippines by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
According to a statement from church officials, crews will break ground on the Layton Utah Temple, which will be located at the corner of Oak Hills Drive and Rosewood Lane, on May 30. The event will be by invitation only, and the service will be broadcast to stake centers in the temple district.
The Layton temple was first announced in April 2018 by church President Russell M. Nelson. It will be three stories and more than 87,000 square feet.
The Richmond Virginia Temple, which was also announced in April 2018, will have its groundbreaking April 11.
The Alabang Philippines Temple was announced in April 2017 by then-President Thomas S. Monson. Its groundbreaking was set for May 2.
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 18550)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 7910)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 6582)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6158)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 3718)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 3224)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 3083)
- Police Confirm No Escapees After Reported Nevada Prison Camp Riot (pageviews: 2948)
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 2669)