Grantsville Father Who Lost Family Members In Shooting Speaks About Loss, Community Support
GRANTSVILLE, Utah – Colin Haynie expressed gratitude for an outpouring of community support after his wife and three children were killed in a shooting.
Fifty-two-year-old Consuelo Alejandra Haynie, 15-year-old Alexis, 14-year-old Matthew and 12-year-old Milan were found dead at their Grantsville home last week.
Prosecutors have since filed formal murder charges against 16-year-old Colin Jeffery “CJ” Haynie.
Colin Haynie was injured in the shooting but said he expects to fully recover through a statement read by his attorney on Thursday.
“As you can imagine, this loss is almost unbearable,” read the attorney’s statement. “Colin has asked me to express his and the family’s profound appreciation for the support given by friends, extended community, law enforcement and health care providers. Colin was also wounded on Friday, but he expects to recover fully from those injuries.”
"At first this seemed to be a family tragedy but as time has gone on, it has become very clear that it has affected far more than my family." Colin #Haynie expressed these thoughts as he prepares to lay several members of his family to rest tomorrow in #Grantsville @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/g4z8aDVjpf
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) January 24, 2020
Funeral services are scheduled for Friday at a meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints located at 550 East Durfee Street in Grantsville. A viewing will be held before the services from 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. at the same location. Interment will follow at the Grantsville City Cemetery.
The full statement from Haynie’s attorney is included below:
“Colin Haney has asked me as his attorney to provide this information on behalf of the Haynie Family in connection with the tragic events of last Friday, January 17, 2020.
“On Friday, Colin Haynie lost his beloved wife Alejandra and three of his cherished children — his daughter Alexis, his son Matthew and his daughter Milan. As you can imagine, this loss is almost unbearable.
“Colin has asked me to express his and the family’s profound appreciation for the support given by friends, extended community, law enforcement and health care providers.
“Colin was also wounded on Friday, but he expects to recover fully from those injuries.
“Of course, Colin is cooperating with law enforcement and with the judicial proceedings.
“As I am sure you can understand, Colin can hardly comprehend what has happened. As he looks forward, Colin will need, and he respectfully requests, time and privacy to grieve and to heal himself and those he loves, including both of his sons.
“The Haynie Family also understands that this tragedy affects the community and beyond. They will provide information to the public as appropriate. They request that all media inquiries be directed to counsel. There will be no further information until after the initial court appearance next Monday, January 27.”
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 18550)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 7910)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 6582)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6158)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 3718)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 3224)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 3083)
- Police Confirm No Escapees After Reported Nevada Prison Camp Riot (pageviews: 2948)
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 2669)