Bountiful Police Locate Missing, Endangered Man
UPDATE: Police said Jake Pond has been located and thanked those who helped find him.
Jake has been located! Thanks for the help!
— BountifulCityPD (@bountifulcityPD) January 25, 2020
Original story continues below.
BOUNTIFUL, Utah – Police are searching for 28-year-old Jake Pond, who was last seen in Bountiful near 230 West and 2450 South on Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.
It is possible he is in the downtown Salt Lake City or Bountiful areas.
Officials with the Bountiful City Police Department said Pond is considered missing and endangered because he suffers from mental illness and does not have his medication.
Family members told police Pond functions at the level of a 12-year-old.
Pond is 5-foot-7, weighs 180 lbs. and has brown hair and blue eyes.
He was last seen wearing the gray Adidas jacket from the above photo. Police said Pond could be aggressive towards other people and he should not be approached.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to call Bountiful police at 801-298-6000 or call 911 and reference case No. 20-0247.
Please help us locate Jake Pond. We believe he is missing and endangered. If you see him, please call 911. If you have information for us, call the non emergency number at 801-298-6000. It's possible he is in the downtown area of Salt Lake City, or in the Bountiful area. pic.twitter.com/9xoR1t4fmz
— BountifulCityPD (@bountifulcityPD) January 24, 2020
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)