Words Of Love, Forgiveness Shared At Grantsville Family Funeral Service
GRANTSVILLE, Utah – Hundreds at a funeral service for members of the Haynie family paid their respects and offered support for the family’s surviving father and oldest son.
Four hearses lined the street outside a somber Grantsville Stake Center on Friday, carrying the caskets of a mother and three of her children. However, only words of love, forgiveness and faith were shared inside.
Family and friends spoke at the funeral service. Colin Haynie spoke of his love for his wife, Alejandra and children, Alexis, Matthew and Milan.
“It’s become very clear to me that this is not just a family matter, but a community matter,” Colin Haynie said as he thanked those in attendance.
He talked about how he is choosing to not allow thoughts of sadness to consume him. Instead, he wished to instead remember all the happy times the family shared.
“I have a very good wife and very good kids,” Colin Haynie said. “My emotions have been up and down this last week.”
He also told those in attendance that the tragic nature of the deaths may lead some to question God.
“I want you to know that this does not change my faith one bit,” he said. “I know that God lives and loves all his children.”
Danny Haynie briefly spoke of his brother CJ, who is being charged in the deaths.
“CJ will always be my brother and I will always love him,” Danny Haynie said from the pulpit.
The pallbearers leading the four caskets were made up of children in the community. Colin Haynie mentioned he wanted those who impacted his family’s lives to be included and for it to not be like other funerals.
You’ll notice children are being used as pallbearers. The father specifically asked for this. He wanted children who impacted his family’s lives to participate. #haynie #grantsvillestrong pic.twitter.com/Llt4BP4NE5
— Ashley Kewish (@ashleykewish) January 24, 2020
A graveside service was held nearby at the Grantsville City Cemetery with firefighters raising a flag over the final resting place for a family touched by tragedy.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 9548)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 6137)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 4381)
- Taylor Swift Takes Aim At Double Standards In 'The Man' Music Video (pageviews: 4149)
- Got A Beard? The CDC Says It Will Make Coronavirus Prevention Difficult (pageviews: 3833)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 3113)
- How Parents Can Prepare Your Home, Children Against Coronavirus (pageviews: 3060)
- What is COVID-19? Here's What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy (pageviews: 2475)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2258)