One Dead After Reported Drowning At Box Elder Hot Springs
HONEYVILLE, Utah – A 51-year-old woman from Cache Valley died after a reported drowning at Crystal Hot Springs, according to officials with the Box Elder Sheriff’s Office.
The incident was reported to police around 3 p.m. on Saturday and the victim was identified as Christina Bailey, of Logan, on Sunday.
Investigators did not confirm if the cause of death was drowning or another medical issue.
Officials said the woman was visiting Crystal Hot Springs with a friend and swimming in the large pool when some teenagers noticed she was struggling and called for assistance.
Other visitors at the springs pulled the woman from the water and began CPR before emergency personnel arrived.
Deputies said a medical helicopter was dispatched and the victim was transported to the Bear River Valley Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
A cause was not released and police said there was an active investigation into the incident.
Tremonton Fire and EMS, Honeyville First Responders, deputies from the Box Elder Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies responded to the scene.
This is a developing story. It will be updated if new information becomes available.
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 18550)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 7910)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 6582)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6158)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 3718)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 3224)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 3083)
- Police Confirm No Escapees After Reported Nevada Prison Camp Riot (pageviews: 2948)
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 2669)