Authorities Execute Search Warrant In Connection With Missing Idaho Children
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Authorities have executed a search warrant at a Hawaiian resort where Lori Vallow, the mother of two missing Idaho children, has been staying with her new husband Chad Daybell, according to the grandparents of 7-year-old JJ Vallow.
Larry and Kay Woodcock said the FBI confirmed the search warrant was executed Sunday at the Kauai Beach Resort in connection with the case.
FBI agents seized the couple’s vehicle but did not take Daybell or Lori Vallow into custody, the Woodcocks said.
KSL TV has reached out to several agencies, including the FBI, Fremont County Sheriff’s Office, local police in Hawaii and the couple’s attorney, Sean Bartholick, about the case. Officials from those agencies had not responded as of Sunday night.
Officials with the Rexburg Police Department told KSL TV they will be doing a case update this week but did not provide further information on Sunday’s events.
Rexburg police said JJ Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan were last seen on Sept. 23. The Woodcocks said they last spoke with JJ on a Facetime call in August.
Police said they suspect Daybell and Lori Vallow know what happened to the missing children but the couple has refused to cooperate with law enforcement and abruptly left Idaho in December.
The couple was considered persons of interest in the case.
Lori Vallow and Daybell married last November, shortly after the deaths of both of their previous spouses.
Anyone with information about the case was asked to contact police or the FBI. Family members had previously announced a $20,000 reward for any information leading to the missing children’s recovery.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)