Traffic Camera Captures Suspect Apparently Trying To Hide After Police Chase
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Three people are in custody after a police chase involving a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction on I-15.
The incident began at approximately 10:30 p.m. Tuesday when West Valley City police received a call of shots fired at an apartment complex located in the area of 3900 West and 3500 South, authorities said.
Officers spotted a car they believed was the suspects’ and began a pursuit.
Police said the vehicle fled and drove on I-15 going the wrong way. Utah Department of Transportation cameras captured the headlights of the suspect vehicle driving northbound in the southbound lanes.
The suspects then reportedly abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. They reportedly hid out at a car dealership located in the area 1700 South and 500 West in Salt Lake City, where police set up a containment.
UDOT cameras were rolling as one of the suspects ducked behind a wall in attempt to evade police. The video captures the moment the man runs and jumps over a fence.
Police used K-9 units to locate all three suspects.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)