High 5: St. George Women Give Back To Community
ST. GEORGE, Utah – If you’re a resident of St. George, you might recognize Pam Palermo and Susi Lafaele — two women who have spent years pouring their hearts and souls into building up the community.
From ribbon cuttings to fundraisers and everything in between, at the heart of it there was likely the two women from the St. George Area Chamber of Commerce.
“In 18 years of being involved with the chamber, I’ve never seen this much growth in five years,” said John Olsen, director of sales at Comfort Inn & Suites – North St. George. “It’s because of Pam’s leadership and Susi’s leadership.”
In just five years, Pam has brought an astounding 300 new members to the chamber, co-founded the Women’s Influence Center, and help establish the Young Professional Group.
Susi has poured her heart into the chamber’s mission developing a community where businesses and families thrive. She’s also a founding member of the Utah Pacific Islander Coalition.
Together, their accomplishments go on and on.
“They put everybody else before them,” Olsen said. “They never want the limelight.”
Both women recently announced their time with the chamber is coming to an end. At a recent gala, Pam, who served faithfully as the chamber’s president and CEO, was celebrated by business leaders and mayors from around the county. They then surprised her with something special.
“We do hereby declare tomorrow, Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020, as Pam Polermo Day,” declared St. George Mayor Jon Pike.
It was then Susi’s turn.
“Listen up,” Pike said. “Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020, as Susi Lafaele Day!”
Both women were humbled by the community’s gesture.
“I am truly, truly honored,” Susi said, “and so, so proud to be associated with a loving and accepting community.”
“I have been blessed by each and every one of you,” Pam said.
If you have someone you’d like to nominate for a KSL High 5, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)