Suspect Wanted By FBI In Custody After High-Speed Chase Through Salt Lake County
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – A suspect who is reportedly wanted by the FBI is in custody following a high-speed chase Wednesday night, authorities said.
According to the West Valley City Police Department, officers attempted to pull the suspect over at approximately 10:45 p.m. in the area of 3200 West and Parkway Boulevard. The suspect fled in the vehicle, leading authorities on a chase through residential areas at speeds of up to 70 miles per hour and on the freeway at speeds of up to 100 miles per hour.
Police were eventually able to spike the vehicle’s tires in the area of 900 West and North Temple in Salt Lake City. The suspect then fled on foot.
Authorities deployed a K-9 unit, and they were able to find the suspect after a short chase.
Authorities identified the suspect as Man Tat Le, who was wanted for distributing 88.7 grams of a “substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine,” according to court documents.
The report states that the State Bureau of Investigations, in conjunction with the FBI, had conducted a controlled drug purchase from Le on Jan. 22.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)