Police Say They’re Concerned There May Be More Victims After Rape Accusation
Jan 30, 2020, 6:45 PM | Updated: 8:24 pm
(Salt Lake County Jail)
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A University of Utah Football player is being accused of raping and kidnapping a seventeen year-old girl, and tonight investigators say they’re concerned there may be more victims.
Police say the seventeen-year-old girl and the man met on Instagram. Then their conversations moved to Snapchat and text.
Police are asking any potential victims to come forward.
Detectives say Terrell Perriman pressured the seventeen-year-old girl to send him nude pictures, and that he in turn sent her obscene pictures of himself.
Arresting documents say he took her phone, kept her from leaving, and raped her.
Investigators say in these types of cases, there are often other victims that might be afraid to come forward. There are victim advocates who will be there to help them through it, police said.
“We have detectives that are trained in sexual assaults, and will believe their stories, and will hep them through this trauma, because this is a traumatic event for victims,” Detective Greg Wilking said.
University of Utah Coach Kyle Wittingham said Perriman was immediately suspended from the team.
“Obviously this does not reflect the values and standards of our program, and we will continue to monitor the situation as it moves through the legal process,” he said in a statement.
University of Utah President Ruth Watkins also issued a statement saying there is no place for sexual violence in the community, and that they will continue to move quickly and decisively to address issues that involve students.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)