West Valley City Apartment Building Destroyed After Reported Explosion, Fire
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Firefighters with the West Valley City Fire Department said an eight-unit building at the Overlook Apartments near 4600 South and 2930 West was destroyed after a reported explosion and two-alarm fire.
Officials with the West Valley City Police Department said the incident may have started with an argument between a man and a woman.
Investigators said witnesses saw the man throw something through the window of an apartment and an explosion was heard shortly after the man left.
Authorities later identified the thrown object as a molotov cocktail.
Firefighters said all units were evacuated and no major injuries were reported. The building is not habitable.
A joint investigation is underway and officials said the suspect’s identity is known.
Neighbor who heard the explosion & helped evacuate the apts. shared this video at #Overlook apartments. @WVCPD & @wvcfd say a man threw a Molotov cocktail into an apartment, following an argument w/ a woman. Police have a good idea of suspect, actively looking for him. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/n6Uxcj0eN2
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) February 2, 2020
LIVE: Firefighters are responding to an apartment fire near 4600 South and 2930 West.
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Saturday, 1 February 2020
This is a developing story. It will be updated if new information becomes available.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)